Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity.
Our research indicates that successful leaders and superior performers have well developed emotional intelligence skills, making it possible for them to work well with a wide variety of people and to respond effectively to the rapidly changing conditions in the business world.
TTI Success Insights’ assessments measuring emotional intelligence (EQ) examine five key areas as they pertain to intrapersonal and interpersonal relations:
- Self Awareness — Understanding one’s moods, emotions and drives; also their effect on others
- Self Regulation — Ability to control or redirect disruptive impulses and moods; also to think before acting
- Motivation — Passion to work for reasons beyond money or status; pursuit of goals with energy and persistence
- Empathy — Ability to understand the emotional makeup of other people
- Social Skills — Proficiency in managing relationships and building networks